Sunday, 21 December 2008

the sceptic who wasn't there

I've recently seen a documentary for sale called "The God who wasn't there". I haven't bought it or watched it, because it wasn't free and I don't actively want to support anti-Christian propaganda. In fact, I'm not a fan of any falsehood, even (and especially) those "christian myths" that make their rounds on the net. You've probably heard them, these pithy little stories which have no bearing in truth but are presented as true. Snopes.com puts many of these to rest. But that's a side issue, the point I was trying to make, is that if I'd found out that this documentary was well researched and the scholarship was good but it casts doubts on certain treasured opinions, I would probably give it a shot. But, it isn't. It's more like some 50 year old executive who grew his hair and bought a Harley Davidson... sure, he looks the part, but he's no Hell's Angel. But, before I get a bit too insulting of a movie I've not even watched, let me direct anyone reading this to some reviews, they address many of the allegations made in this film...

http://www.tektonics.org/gk/godthere.html

and

http://www.answeringinfidels.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=87

There are a few other mockumentaries and short films doing the rounds, I'll comment on them soon...

Have a great Christmas!

No comments: