Sunday, 19 July 2009

when all around has fallen...

Some more lyrics, after a totally fulfilling, joyful weekend; filled with good times, moving moments, reflective thoughts on life, its brevity and the shadow of sadness that is ever present as time passes and memories are made. Life is good, and love is true, comfort is real and joy is full.

Driving through Irene this afternoon made me stop to examine the memories that came flooding back. Riding bikes with my friends, stalk the lantern through the veld which is no more. Seeing Irene Farm and the country club... King Street now blocked off. A wild mix of things that haven't changed with new things. Life goes on. The world spins unwavering. We continue in it and I have to wonder am I doing all I can for my King? Am I doing all I can for my friends and for my family? Am I praying enough for those who were close now far and gone?

I'm thinking now of friends past who've fallen aside from the difficult path of truth. I yearn again for true fellowship, for serving the King as one, standing side by side in love and boldness. I'm listening to this song now, and it's for you guys...

When all around has fallen your castle has been burned
You used to be a king here now no one knows your name
You live your life for honour, defender of the faith
But you've been crushed to pieces and no one knows your pain

Come, come lay your weary head be still my friend
Come, rise I'll place my sword upon your shoulder
Come, rise with me

When tomorrow has been stolen and you can't lift your head
And summer feels like winter your heart is full of stone
Though all your hopes have fallen your skin is now your only armour
Wear your scars like medals defender of the faith

Come, come lay your weary head be still my friend
Come, rise I'll place my sword upon your shoulder
Come, come lay your faithful head, be still my friend
Come rise with me
(Song by Delirious)

1 comment:

Mark said...

awesome lyrics, thanks for posting - never heard the song before