Monday, 17 May 2010

I boast no more, by Caedman's call

This song has always blessed me, and it's particularly important when the LORD uses you for His glory, as a reminder, that we boast only in the cross of Christ, only in the grace of God at what He has done in our lives, and only in His power, without which, we wouldn't be able to breath one breath or lift a hand...

Praise God for what He is doing, how He is moving, His majesty is always there, it doesn't arrive only when we see it, the same way the stars and planets were just as glorious before we had the lenses to see them!

What an awesome song, I'm gonna listen to it again now:

No More My God, I boast no more
Of all the duties I have done
I quit the hopes I held before,
To trust the merits of Thy Son

(chorus):

No more my God

No more my God

No more my God

I boast no more

Now, for the loss I bear his name,
What was my gain I count my loss
My former pride I call my shame
And nail my glory to His cross

Yes, and I must, I will esteem
All things but loss for Jesus' sake
O may my soul be found in Him
And of His righteousness partake
Amen, amen

The best obedience of my hands
Dares not appear before Thy throne
But faith can answer Thy demands
By pleading what my Lord has done

No comments: