Thursday, 04 January 2007

introducing... my mac

Could it be a definite trend happening... or is it that I'm noticing it more now that I have one: but aren't there a lot of macs around these days? I keep noticing fellow mac users all around, in coffee shops, in meetings I go to (and I don't just hang around in ad agency circles either), even the DJ at the New Years Concert at the Dome in Northgate... so what gives? Has the iPod swung the Cupertino doors open to Apple acceptance here in South Africa? It certainly seems so! I mean even my aunt got a nifty little black macbook (2nd generation, faster than mine!) I helped her set it up (not that she needed me either, it was child's play), and she loves it - she went to some free Apple training that they give to new users.

I've had my mac for a few months now and I love it. Every week or two I find some other neat little feature that I didn't know about before. That being said, it did take some adjusting from the PC I'd gotten used to. A friend sent me a link today: http://teenagefanboy.blogspot.com/2007/01/ten-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-i.html
and I found it a great read. It's a list of 10 things that can help new mac users, as some of the things are definitely very different on mac.

In fact, one of the focuses of this blog will be about Apple, Mac, iPod and all that stuff.
When I find more nifty features I'll be sure to post them here.

In the meanwhile, here's a great site I found with helpful shortcut commands. Being a developer, knowing lots of shortcuts is kind of like having experience points in the field of battle... "Oh, you fought in Korea?" - yeah, so rack these suckers up and impress your friends.

http://www.danrodney.com/mac/index.html

No comments: